COVID-19 RT-PCR Test For All
Yale University has authorized BioExcel Diagnostics Laboratory to perform the SalivaDirect™ Covid-19 Test Method.
As a CLIA-certified high-complexity molecular diagnostic laboratory, we are dedicated to making testing available for everyone regardless of the symptoms.
• Highly accurate and reliable test
• FDA Emergency Use Authorized RT-PCR test
• Self-registration and collection
• No doctor’s appointment or referral required.
• Most results within 24 hours
• The most affordable RT-PCR test
• Meets air travel requirements for most states and countries
• Please check your destination’s requirements before signing up
• Have questions about our COVID-19 testing? Call (832) 804-8996
For more information about Yale’s SalivaDirect, click on the following link to visit Yale’s SalivaDirect™ website.
- This test is also for use with saliva specimens that are self-collected by individuals 18 years of age or older unsupervised at home and dropped off at a collection site, using the SalivaDirect Unsupervised Collection Kit when determined to be appropriate by a healthcare provider or unsupervised at home using the SalivaDirect At-Home Collection Kit and mailed to a testing laboratory, when used consistent with its authorization.
- This test is also intended for use in individuals without symptoms or other epidemiological reasons to suspect COVID-19, when tested at least weekly and with and no more than 168 hours between tests using supervised saliva collection or unsupervised saliva self-collection with the SalivaDirect Unsupervised Collection Kit or the SalivaDirect At-Home Collection Kit.
- This product has not been FDA cleared or approved but has been authorized for emergency use by FDA under a EUA.
- This product has been authorized only for the collection and maintenance of saliva specimens as an aid in the detection of nucleic acid from SARS-CoV-2, not for any other viruses or pathogens; and
- The emergency use of this product is only authorized for the duration of the declaration that circumstances exist justifying the authorization of emergency use of in vitro diagnostics for the detection and/or diagnosis of COVID-19 under Section 564(b)(1) of the Federal Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act, 21 U.S.C. § 360bbb-3(b)(1), unless the declaration is terminated or authorization is revoked sooner.
For Enterprises & Schools
BioExcel Diagnostics is currently accepting orders for both SalivaDirectTM and BioExcel Diagnostics COVID-19 RT-PCR tests from approved healthcare providers. If you are interested in partnering with BioExcel Diagnostics, please contact us by submitting an inquiry or emailing us at support@BioExceldx.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
BioExcel Diagnostics provides PCR tests for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 RNA (the virus that causes COVID-19).
BioExcel Diagnostics COVID-19 tests are either validated according to CMS/CLIA and CAP policies or have received an EUA authorization from the FDA.
- The SalivaDirect™ EUA authorized test:
- has not been FDA cleared or approved
- has been authorized by FDA under an EUA for use by the authorized laboratories.
- BioExcel Diagnostics Nasal SARS-CoV-2 RT-PCR test
- has not been FDA cleared or approved
SalivaDirect is an RT-PCR saliva test for the detection of SARS-CoV-2 or COVID-19. The specimen collection consists of spitting into a sterile tube through a funnel. No invasive swabbing is required. The sample collection takes less than 5 minutes.
The cost of the test is $60.
Insurance will not cover the cost of the test for the following reason:
- Back to work
- Back to school
- Participation in sports
- Routine/screening testing
- Recruitment to armed forces
- Disability evaluation.
RT-PCR or Real Time-Polymerase Chain Reaction is a molecular method in which the target of interest (such as a segment from SARS-CoV-2 genetic material is amplified in a set number of amplification cycles. If the virus is present in the specimen collected, the amplification of the target will be present.
Yes. This test detects the presence of SARS-CoV-2 virus variants. However, it does not determine which variant it is.
Our test method uses Gold Standard PCR technology. This test has received Emergency Use Authorization through Yale University. Yale University has authorized BioExcel Diagnostics Laboratory to perform the SalivaDirect™ Covid-19 Test.
You can get tested at BioExcel Diagnostics laboratory. The address is:
2636 South Loop W, Ste 110, Houston, TX 77054.
You also have the option to pick up the kit at our laboratory and perform the sample collection at your home or in your car. However, you should drop the sample at the laboratory the same day the sample is collected.
We can guarantee test results within 24-48 hours. On average, we are reporting the test results in less than 12 hours.
Our test meets the qualification for most travel destinations and airlines. However, because the requirements are always changing, please check the requirements of your destination before signing up for a test.
Test results will be emailed out via a HIPAA-compliant encrypted email. You will receive a notification when your test results are ready.